Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 77

Thread: Appalachia reinforcements?

  1. #51
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Appalachia reinforcements?

    To each their own I guess. I have no idea about the Appy situation and could really care less. I was curious if 18 would be back from his injury. When I played, if a kid quit, he was done for good. I guess a coach has to judge each instance on it's own merits though. Each case is different. My feelings are, if a player abandons CW (like some have done this year) I don't think we want them back or need them back.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  2. #52
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Appalachia reinforcements?

    That was the only one and it was the injury. The other was never considered.

  3. #53
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Appalachia reinforcements?

    That's the way it should be, imo. You could tell though that he (18) couldn't do much.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  4. #54
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Appalachia reinforcements?

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NotSoSilentBob</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1inStripes</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NotSoSilentBob</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: centennialdawg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">lol, it happens all the time with every team and don't even try to say it doesn't </div></div>

    So you're telling me Tom Turner would have allowed someone to quit, then return to the team once they made the playoffs? </div></div>

    Well, he did, I know that for sure. </div></div>

    Well I just lost a metric [censored] load of respect for Turner. </div></div>
    Oh no, the entire town won't be able.....well nobody really cares what anyone else thinks.

  5. #55
    HB Forum Owner SBG's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18th, 2004
    Posts
    2,279
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Appalachia reinforcements?

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Spuds</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Watch their evenings- they aren't there 3 hours a night just "to be seen".</div></div>

    I'll take your word for it. But those 3 hours didn't seem to do anything for them. And who's fault is that? Yup, the coaches.

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Spuds</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This group of coaches want to run an "I" and these kids were raised playing Tom's balanced "T". Take them out of it and they are like fish out of water. </div></div>

    They didn't look like a fish out of water when they used the split back 2 WR offense against the Cove and won 44-0. Yes, I realize it was the Cove but it still proves they can play in some other formation. Only problem with that was they decided to use it again against Gate City the next week. They quickly tucked tail and ran back to the T. But the split back didn't fail because they couldn't run it. It failed because Gate City out coached it. Those boys could be coached to play whatever the coaches wanted them to, if the coaches could do it. I'm not comparing Austin to Turner, that's not fair. But I will say his results speak for themselves. 9-3 his first year with a team another coach built. 6-5 the next season with almost the same squad. Just wait until next season and see. And if next season doesn't convince you, maybe 2009 will. Like I said, Austin may be a really nice guy. He just can't coach very well.
    [LEFT][IMG]http://www.dsslexius.net/forums/images/smilies/goneinsanegif.gif[/IMG][/LEFT]

  6. #56
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Appalachia reinforcements?

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Vic Fontaine</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Spuds</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Watch their evenings- they aren't there 3 hours a night just "to be seen".</div></div>

    I'll take your word for it. But those 3 hours didn't seem to do anything for them. And who's fault is that? Yup, the coaches.

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Spuds</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This group of coaches want to run an "I" and these kids were raised playing Tom's balanced "T". Take them out of it and they are like fish out of water. </div></div>

    They didn't look like a fish out of water when they used the split back 2 WR offense against the Cove and won 44-0. Yes, I realize it was the Cove but it still proves they can play in some other formation. Only problem with that was they decided to use it again against Gate City the next week. They quickly tucked tail and ran back to the T. But the split back didn't fail because they couldn't run it. It failed because Gate City out coached it. Those boys could be coached to play whatever the coaches wanted them to, if the coaches could do it. I'm not comparing Austin to Turner, that's not fair. But I will say his results speak for themselves. 9-3 his first year with a team another coach built. 6-5 the next season with almost the same squad. Just wait until next season and see. And if next season doesn't convince you, maybe 2009 will. Like I said, Austin may be a really nice guy. He just can't coach very well. </div></div>


    Appy is loseing ALOT of kids to Graduation I THINK Appy will be Very young next season and would be a tough situation for any coach

  7. #57
    Inactive Member imported_kydawg95's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    426
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Appalachia reinforcements?

    That's the way it was when I was there too spuds!
    free like OJ all day

  8. #58
    Inactive Member DawgFan3's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 11th, 2003
    Posts
    165
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Appalachia reinforcements?

    I think we lose 10 or 11 seniors this year...it's a big hit on the program considering 6 of them have started since they were freshmen. But with only one Junior on the team this year...they should have a rebuilding year and we might see a good ball club in the next few years.

  9. #59
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Appalachia reinforcements?

    If they're losing 10-11, I hope they have a pretty good sized freshmen class coming in. I think there were only 23 dressed. Losing that many will hurt any program.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  10. #60
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Appalachia reinforcements?

    Size...it is one of the reasons for that "T". We had 3 kids over 200 pounds, I do think we were the smallest team I saw this year. You have 2 linemen coming back.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •